Ohio EPA offers free workshops to inform small and rural communities of the state and federal resources available to help redevelop brownfields, or blighted properties. These workshops are designed to inform smaller or rural communities of grants, loans, and other assistance that is available to assess and redevelop brownfield properties.
Speakers from Ohio EPA, Ohio Department of Development, U.S. EPA, U.S. Department of Agriculture and Rural Development Office and Kansas State University (which provides assistance to small communities through a U.S. EPA grant) address the following topics:
[We] loved the fact that we were able to get a whole summary of all the grants, programs and resources in one day. It made it so easy to understand and see how each program can fit with different projects we have going on throughout the area"
Cathy Bieterman, City
- Ohio EPA’s Voluntary Action Program (VAP) and statewide inventory of brownfield properties
- Ohio Department of Development’s Brownfield Fund
- JobsOhio funding for brownfields
- Ohio Water Development Authority loan programs
- U.S. EPA Brownfield Grants, Technical Assistance to Brownfields (TAB) program and Targeted Brownfield Assessments
- E-tools for brownfield revitalization and online summary of local resources for small and rural communities
- Rural Community Assistance Program