The Electronic Discharge Monitoring Report (eDMR) data reporting system is entirely web-based and accessible via Internet Explorer through any internet connection. It is accessible via the Ohio EPA eBusiness Center which is a secure portal for online business services.
How to Sign Up for eDMR
eDMR is the required submittal method for Form 4500 & 4519 monthly and semiannual wastewater reports and industrial storm water analytical monitoring results. Access to eDMR is gained through your personal eBusiness Center account. All new users start by creating an Ohio EPA eBusiness Center account. Once logged in, if you are going to submit reports, apply for your PIN (its your electronic signature) . Once you receive your PIN you can add all of your facilities to gain access to their reports and submit data when required. eDMR provides many features, some include: ability to copy and paste from Microsoft Excel; secure internet access; user-friendly interface; ability to import XML files from other database software; more than one user account can have access to a facility's reports; and delegation of rights so others can perform data entry.
All permitted facilities have access to their reports and can submit their data each month via eDMR; the information is automatically loaded into the Agency's database. Transmittal is fast and efficient.
The Division of Surface Water is developing additional components of the system to allow users to submit NPDES permit renewals and access other forms in the future.
Top Tips for Submitting DMRs:
- Emailing questions to James.Roberts@epa.ohio.gov is the quickest way to get assistance.
- Remember your user name and password. You need those each month to use eDMR.
- Your PIN is your legal electronic signature. Keep it secure.
- When entering your password & PIN remember that they are case sensitive.
- Do not exceed 5 decimal places to the right of the decimal (ex. 0.12345 is the max).
- AA codes now include the MDL in the same cell separated by a space (i.e., AA 0.05).
- Do not put a comment in a day that does not have data in it; you will get an error.
- No discharge this month? Just check the "NO DISCHARGE" box at the top of the report.
- If you have a lot of data to enter, try the copy & paste method from Microsoft Excel.
- Reporting Lab and Analyst are REQUIRED fields. Don't forget to fill them in.