General Permits - Storage Piles
Note: Number 2. In the Qualifying Criteria for GPs 7.1, 7.2 and 7.3 has been removed! There have been no changes to the actual terms and conditions of the MGPs 7.1, 7.2 and 7.3. Criterion number 2 in the Qualifying Criteria (QC) document is not applicable to these MGPs. Therefore, facilities with an existing MGP for storage piles do qualify for the new storage pile GPs 7.1, 7.2, or 7.3. These facilities can still keep their existing GP, and later apply for a new GP when an installation or modification is made.
- Specific Changes to Qualifying Criteria for GP 7.1, 7.2 and 7.3:
- Criteria number 2 (“Have the sources at the facility been installed or modified on or after August 3, 2009”) has been removed.
Ohio EPA, Division of Air Pollution Control (DAPC) issued revised model general permits (MGPs) for material storage piles. DAPC is updated the MGPs in order to incorporate new rule requirements into the terms and conditions. The revised MGPs include six for material storage piles, identified as GP 7.1 (one for Title V facilities one for non-Title V facilities), GP 7.2 (one for Title V facilities one for non-Title V facilities), and GP 7.3 (one for Title V facilities one for non-Title V facilities). Revised MGPs 7.1 and 7.2 replace the existing GP 7.1 and GP 7.2. Detailed information regarding these changes is included in the Response to Comments document below or by calling Lynne Martz at (614) 644-3599. A version of the issued changes including redline and strike-out edits detailing the modifications are also available upon request.
Response to Comments
- Work Practice Plan Templates Available:
- Storage Piles, Including Load-in, Load-out and Wind-erosion Activities for Facilities With a Maximum Production of 3,000,000 Tons/Year and a Maximum Storage Pile Surface Area Less Than or Equal to 15 Acres (GP 7.1)
- Storage Piles, Including Load-in, Load-out and Wind-erosion Activities for Facilities With a Maximum Production of 3,000,000 Tons/Year and a Maximum Storage Pile Surface Area of 6 Acres (GP 7.2)
- Material Storage piles, including load-in, load-out and wind erosion activities for facilities with a maximum production of 3,000,000 tons/year and a maximum storage pile surface area less than or equal to 15 acres - with no voluntary tons/year PE limits (GP 7.3)