Report release of any material that impacts public health or the environment, including chemicals and petroleum products. Be prepared with as much of the following information as possible:
- Responsible party (name of carrier, owner,operator or facility).
- Date/time (discovered/occurred).
- Location (address, cross street, mile marker).
- Material(s) (chemical, product, or common name).
- Quantity (estimated release/total).
- Hazards (extremely hazardous substance, placard, materials safety data sheet [MSDS]).
- Affected media/area (air, land or waterway, including threats to ditches, sewers, streams).
- Actions/notifications (evacuations,containment, contractor hired).
- Contacts on scene (responder cell phone number, responsible party, contractor, facility point of contact).
- Other useful information (truck DOT or rail car number, chemical UN ID number, MSDS, etc.).